- 164,101 regular sites
- 3,252 group sites
The 2018 total exceeded all nine previous years. Although the online reservation system is only available between February and November, you can winter camp at several of the Provincial Parks.
The Government of Alberta is planning to invest $38 million in 2019 to upgrade expand, and modernize the Provincial Parks system.
Did you know?
- Alberta’s online reservation system has close to 600,000 users.
- The Provincial Parks system has about 250 provincial campgrounds with more than 14,000 campsites.
- You can book reservations online for 88 Provincial campgrounds, 162 group site and 64 camping units. Some campgrounds take online reservations on a first come, first served basis.
- Revenues generated from camping fees are invested back into Alberta Parks.
2019 opening dates for online reservations
- group camping – February 4th
- comfort camping – February 11th
- regular camping – February 19th
- backcountry camping – February 25th
Photo Courtesy: Government of Alberta